Child and Youth Services
Army Families often include Army kids. U.S. Army Family & MWR helps you stay mission ready with resources you need to support them. Learn about childcare, school-age services, tutoring, youth sports and more.
Child Development Centers
The Child Development Center's mission is to reduce the conflict between parental responsibilities and work requirements by providing enriching experiences; a safe environment; and warm, loving care and education for young children. Programs offered enhance children’s development and learning through play is emphasized. Our CDCs are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Our on-Post facilities offer Full-Day, Part-Day, and Hourly Care Programs for children from 6 weeks to Pre-Kindergarten. Fort Huachuca has 2 CDCs.
For information about registering your child(ren) for any CYS Program, please contact the Parent Central Services staff at +1 (520)533-0738.
Family Child Care - FCC
The Family Child Care (FCC) program is an integral part of the Child and Youth Services (CYS) child care system available on Army garrisons. FCC provides quality home based care for children 4 weeks to 12 years old and is offered in government owned and government leased housing located on post.
Middle School and Teen Center
The Middle School and Teen (MST) Center offers:
Daily Clubs and Open Recreation activities for MST registered youth in grades 6-12.
- Weekly Camps during Summer, Winter, and Spring Breaks that include field trips, special events, clubs, and activities.
- A state-of-the-art Technology and Homework Center
- Full-size indoor basketball court
- Challenging Obstacle Course and multiple fitness areas
- Billiards, ping pong, and air hockey tables
- The latest video game systems
Parent and Outreach Services
Parent and Outreach Services is the umbrella program for a multitude of patron services, including the Parent Central Services Office, Kids-on-Site (KOS) Care, Volunteer Child Care in Unit Setting (VCCUS), Special Needs Accommodation Process (SNAP)/Multi-Disciplinary Inclusion Action Team (MIAT), CYS Parents’ Advisory Council (PAC), Parent Education, and Special Facility Openings.
Status Update as of 5/20/20
- Child and Youth Services Offices at Murr Community Center will be reopened with normal hours of service, Monday-Friday, 0700-1700. Community Meeting/Training rooms at Murr will not be reopening at this time.
- New Beginnings Child Development Center (CDC) expands for Phase 1 priorities – Each Unit had to submit their child care requirements by Phase to DFWMR. Please check with your Unit and the CDC staff to ensure you are eligible for Child Care during Phase 1.
- School-Age Center (SAC) reopens and expands for Phase 1 priorities. Each Unit had to submit their child care requirements by phase to DFWMR. Please check with your unit and the SAC staff to ensure you are eligible for Child Care during Phase 1.
- Expanding Horizons CDC - closed until further notice. Hourly Care and Part-Day Programs cancelled
- Youth Sports and Fitness - Spring Season canceled (i.e., Soccer, Flag Football, and Cheerleading)
School Liaison Officer
School Support Services provides Army school-aged youth with educational opportunities, resources and information necessary to achieve academic success. A branch of Child & Youth Services (CYS), School Support Services features School Liaison Officers (SLOs), who help schools, installations and Families work together for student achievement.
Seifert School Age Center
The Seifert School-Age Center (SAC) Program provides Before- and After- School Care and Hourly Care for children from Kindergarten through 5th Grade during the School Year and Full-Day Care during school-out days and vacations. A Full-Day Summer Camp is provided during the summer months that includes field trips, special events, activities, and projects. SAC children can enjoy a variety of Clubs offered by SAC staff. Programs include Gardening, Performing Arts, Cooking, and Art Studio. In addition, children have access to a Technology Center, homework assistance, and Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs of America (BGCA) and 4-H Programs.
Extracurricular Instructional Classes for children and youth from 3 to 18 years of age
SKIESUnlimited stands for the “Schools of Knowledge, Inspiration, Exploration and Skills” with the word “Unlimited” signifying the unlimited possibilities that this program provides for children and youth. Currently offering dance and piano classes.
Youth Sports and Fitness (YSF)
The Fort Huachuca Youth Sports and Fitness Program (YSF) is committed to providing each child and youth with an enjoyable sports learning experience.
The foundations of our programs are good sportsmanship and creating a safe environment where children and youth can gain a better understanding of each respective sport.