- Horses for individual or groups rides
- Separate area for privately-owned horse boarding at affordable rates
- Western and English riding lessons for all skill levels
- Guided and open trail rides through the Huachuca Mountains Thursday thru Sunday
Fort Huachuca is under a MASK MANDATE for all buildings on the installation for both vaccinated and unvaccinated personnel.
- Guided Trail Rides
Trail rides are offered Thursday - Sunday
1-hour guided trail rides
- $40 per rider
Friday And Saturday 2-hour guided Sunset Trail rides
- $60 per rider
- Open Riding
Break away from the pack and explore on your own
- All riders must pass a ride test before being allowed to go out without a guide.
- Ride test: $15
- Guided rides take precedence
- $40 first hour, $30 additional hours
- Kids Lead Around
Lead around is a gentle and fun way for children to learn about horses
- Charged in 15 minute increments
- $12 / 15 minutes of adult supervised rides
- Riding Lessons
Private Riding Lessons
$40 per rider
Group Riding Lessons
$30 per rider
- Birthdays, Holidays Corporate and Group Parties and Events
Party with your favorite cowboys and cowgirls
- Price includes outdoor patio rental, picnic tables and grill for 3 hours.
- 2 horses for kids lead around rides for two hours.
- Bounce Houses add to the fun! Additional fee: $80
- Event catering may be arranged with Thunder Mountain Activity Center, call (520) 533-3802 for more information.
- Ages, Rider Weight and Other Important Information
Ride availability and reservation is based upon the rider's weight and horse availability.
Maximum rider weight is 230 pounds.
- Trail rides: 7 years old
- Open trail rides: 16 years old
- Lead arounds: 2 years old
All children under 18 must have a liability release signed by a parent or legal guardian. Children must wear a helmet provided by the Corral.
- Buffalo Corral Private Mount Area and Boarding
Private Mount Area
- Mare Motels
- Arena, Round Pens, Rodeo Arena
- Turnouts; and miles of beautiful trails
- Now open to the public
Single Stall Rental: $70 per month
Double Stall Rental: $130 per month
Tack Room: $15 per month
Care Service available for Emergencies/Vacation/TDY
$15 per day
For more information or to reserve a stall, call +1 (520)533-5220
Trail rides, boarding and lessons
The Buffalo Corral is located in the scenic foothills at Fort Huachuca.
Status Update: According to General Order #13 (06/28/21), fully vaccinated personnel are NOT required to wear a mask outdoors or when off the installation. Non-vaccinated personnel should wear a mask at all indoor locations and outdoor shared spaces.